Growing Up

Hi Everyone -

Hope that you are all well and not too cold. We are all doing great! Unfortunately, I still don't have any pictures of the past few weeks. I can't seem to locate my camera charger, until now I've been borrowing someone's, but it's not working anymore. I have ordered a new one, but it may not be here for a few weeks. I will ask around and see if I can find one in the meantime. So you may have to wait a bit to see those adorable smiles.

Koby had a big week. He spent his first morning away from mommy at a babysitter's home with 3 other babies. He did amazing!!! There was no crying at the drop off. Koby just got right in there and started playing with the toys and other kids. He even slept for an hour and a half in a different crib! The babysitter said he was such a joy and didn't cry the entire time. I was pretty impressed with him, as this was my first time leaving him with a stranger. Thank G-d both of my kids seem to be pretty adaptable.

This babysitting situation gave me a morning to myself, which was great! I attended some woman's learning in the neighbourhood with a few friends. It was a really nice change of pace and an inspiring morning. I am going to try and do this weekly...a little time for myself can do wonders!

Koby has also mastered a few tricks of his own. He can now clap his hands, wave goodbye, and if you say "stretch, stretch, stretch" he'll raise his arms up with a huge smile on his face. He has also started to shake his head 'no' when he doesn't want something, but he'll also do it on demand. He gets a real kick out of it. It's pretty cute.

Gavi is also doing great. He is still in the 3 year old group at his gan and is loving it. It's a long story, but I'm not quite sure which group will be his permanent one yet. Hopefully, we'll know sooner than later. Gavi seems to be maturing and is definitely not a baby anymore. He is very into calling himself a big boy. He and Abba are the big boys of the house, which grants them many privileges. Gavi has also started to call me "Mom" a lot, rather than "Mommy" - it's very cute, but reminds me how big he's getting! We've also started talking to him about potty training. He doesn't seem that interested, but he actually sat on the potty this morning for about 5 minutes...no success, but it's a start.

The boys are starting to play together more and more. I think their relationship has reached a new level. They really enjoy each other's company and they laugh a lot together. They definitely have their squabbles, but they really are bonding.

Joel and I are also doing well. We just came back from a night out sans kiddies. I think it was our first time out alone since we've been here. We went to to the Mamilla Mall just outside the Old City. For those of you who haven't been there, it feels like Beverly Hills plopped into the middle of Jerusalem. There are all these chic stores and a couple of cute cafes, alongside a gorgeous view of the Old City. It was a great date.

Miss you all and be in touch.

Lots of love,

Rachel & Co.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pesach Break

It's Been Way Too Long...

UPDATE