UPDATE

Welcome to my blog! I'm pretty excited about it! I've decided to try out the blog thing as a way of keeping in touch with our family and friends around the world, while we are living in Yerushalayim. Hopefully, I will update it weekly with pics and updates from the week.

So here's a quick sumup of the last month....

After bouncing around from one short term rental to another we found an apartment that we are really happy with. Funny enough it's in the same building as last year, it's a little smaller, but much more modern (no peeling walls and stained carpets!) and much better laid out. We LOVE the neighbourhood and slowly the apt is starting to feel more like home. Friends from the neighbourhood have been super generous/helpful and we've been invited out for almost every shabbos meal so far!

The boys are doing great! Gavi is speaking a mile a minute and is a character as always. I am still searching for a gan (daycare) for him, but hopefully something will work out soon. It has been a bit challenging since Gavi is an active one and loves being with kids, but we are trying to keep busy. Thank G-d the weather is still nice here or I think I'd being going totally nuts! We've been spending lots of time at parks and with friends in the neighbourhood. Koby has changed so much over the last month. He is slithering around the house at record speed, pulling up to standing, clapping his hands, waving, loving solid food and has 4 teeth! He is always trying to keep up with Gavi, which Gavi is not always into, but they are working on it. He is becoming a pretty hilarious little guy.

Joel is back at the same yeshiva (Shapells) and really enjoying his learning there. He has the same chevrusa (study partner) for the morning session and someone new for the afternoons. He is also back on his bike - yellow safety vest and all! As for me, I haven't had much time for myself given that I'm taking care of both of the little guys full time - not an easy task. I've really just been focusing on getting the apartment organized and settling into life here. I am also starting to look into some work options for down the road, mainly tutoring/teaching. Hopefully, I'll get some more "me" time as we get into a groove.

Enjoy the pics below! We miss you all very much.

Lots of love,

Rachel & Co

Finally Koby has a chance at all those toys!

Koby's new favorite pastime - standing.

The boys in a silly mood

Park time! Gavi loves this slide.


Koby is becoming an Israeli baby - he crawls around the dirty park.

Lovin' the bath! Somehow Koby manages to fling his body out of this device.

Comments

savta said…
Wow--- I love your blog Rachel--- even the very cool background! I cannot get over how much Koby has changed in just over a month!

I think you guys have made wonderful progress in this short time and do look forward to Gavi being in a gan that he loves and to you getting some "me" time. Loads of love to you and the company!!! Miss you guys a lot--- Savta
Hi Rach!
We figured out how to sign up to follow you guys. It looks like the boys are having so much fun! Can't wait to see more!
Hugs and kisses,
Carrie and the gang
Zaidy Mory said…
This blog is such a great idea Rachel! Please keep those fabulous pictures and updates coming. It is truly amazing to see Koby standing already,and the boys look like they are having so much fun together. I'm sure they will always be close. I can see the love you and Joel have poured in to them.The mischievous grinsstand out.

Glad that you guys are settled in afamiliar place that you like. I'm sure things will get easier for you Rachelonce Gavi is in a gan. I know how hectic it must be now.

Everyone sends their love, and are thrilled to see this wonderful blog you have created. WE are looking forwar to hearing from you again soon. Keep well. Kiss those beautiful boys for me.

LOVE<

Zaidy Mory
Unknown said…
I love the pictures the cutest was Koby and
Gavriel in a still mode please e-mail me all the pictures at hartleyg_2000@hotmail.com ,love Hartley G

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been Way Too Long...

Pesach Break